Re: [BRHSlist] Unusual equipment

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Unusual equipment
From: Ken martin <kmartin@c...>
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2001 09:20:59 -0700
fdlnmn@s... wrote:

> The recent discussion of motors and motor cars reminded me of a
> picture I had once seen so I finally dug it out and posted it in the
> files section.
> It's one of the more unusual gas powered cars I have seen in BR
> paint. The only information I have is on the scan already. Even
> without a history she's kinda cute!
>
> -EJ

Interesting photo.

This was a KS Edwards motor car built in 1922. Renumbered 9500 in 1930 it was
scrapped in 1934. It is a gas-mechanical car rather than gas-electric.

There is a similar car (507?) restored and running on the Ft. Madison,
Farmington and Western just west of Ft. Madison, Ia.

Ken Martin