Re: [BRHSlist] Spotting - the Passenger train

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Spotting - the Passenger train
From: "Stephen Levine" <sjl@p...>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 21:54:03 -0500
After the summer of 1965, the second stop also accommodated any slumbercoach
passengers boarding or detraining as both slumbercoaches were to the rear of
the train, the Colorado Springs slumbercoach (SC12) behind the Colorado Springs
dome coach (DZ14) and the Chuckwagon and the Denver Slumbercoach (SC7) behind
the diner.

After the spring of 1967, when bus service replaced the Colorado Springs
section, both slumbercoaches (SC8 and SC9) were behind a 10-6 sleeper (DZ10)
and the diner.

The bus service replacement for the Colorado Springs section began with the
train leaving Chicago on December 31, 1966 (yours truly was on that train).

sjl

Stephen Levine and Linda Anderson
SteveandLindaare@h...
If trains were just for kids...I wouldn't wanna grow up!