RE: [BRHSlist] Non-Q Express/Mail Cars?

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] Non-Q Express/Mail Cars?
From: "Charlie Vlk" <charlie@k...>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 11:50:28 -0500
I remember seeing NYC short four wheel-trucked baggage cars and converted
troop pullmans, UP horse baggages, and PRR B70 baggage cars in particular on
some of the secondary trains. Those cars, along with the Q "jeeps" (troop
kitchen cars, both converted and unrebuilt) were common cars across the US.
I think the common thread is that they were all carrying bulk printing for
nationwide distribution..... magazines and catalogs primarily.
Anyone else have any other common sightings? I think that these five are at
the top of the list (and, of course, the various REA owned and leased cars).
Charlie