Re: [BRHSlist] Big domes on the Q

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Big domes on the Q
From: Aeolus3@a...
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 09:46:56 EDT
In a message dated 6/24/01 8:15:03 AM Central Daylight Time, ark@b...
writes:

<< The fulldome at Galesburg was in stainless steel and did have Burlington on
the letterboard as part of the name. It was easy to imagine a Q full dome.

The GN Big Domes.... GN had one for each Empire Builder Set 6 total with 1
being owned by the Q, "River View". I have never seen a picture of one of
the big domes running in the CZ or the DZ. I really doubt that it ever
happened although it would have been really nice to have seen. Amtrak kept
the big domes on the Builder the only full type dome that I have ever seen
running on the Burlington was after Amtrak when the ex SP 3/4 full domes used
to run in the SF Zephyr, 5 & 6.

Loren Johnson