The right sounds

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: The right sounds
From: "Florian Griessenboeck" <florian@v...>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 12:40:53 -0000
Hi!
I am new to the list and I really like it.
I recently purchased a new digital sound decoder made by a small
german company. That thing is really great - togherer with a
programming device you can upload any sound sequence from your
computer and I am now looking for the right sounds. A key signature
of any locomotive is it`s whistle. The existing exhaust sounds can be
modified a little to fit for a lighter or heavier engine. The
difficult part is to get the right sound of a steam whistle of a,
say, O-5 class 4-8-4. The problem is that you usually don`t get a
clean sound out of a video or a CD because of the exhaust chuffs.
Maybe these can be filtered out but that sounds difficult. If anyone
has an idea where to look for the right sounds I would really
appreciate that.
Thanks for your attention and greetings from Austria
Florian Griessenboeck