Re: [BRHSlist] FW: Train Question

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] FW: Train Question
From: Steven Holding <hold-on@s...>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 23:25:39 -0500
James
At a show in Jacksonville, Fla. a person had a bunch of those brass tags.
Someone there who had worked with them said often they were used also not
for baggage but were issued at the beginning of the week for pay checks and
were handed in each day to a clerk so time could be kept. Also Coal mines
used them to tell who was in the mine. You placed the tag on a board when
you went down and took it off when you came up/out.
sjh