New email list at Yahoo! Groups: the RailRoad Caboose

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: New email list at Yahoo! Groups: the RailRoad Caboose
From: Paul/Celine Kossart <kozys@t...>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 13:56:01 -0500
List,

Following is an email which was posted to some of the lists which I thought may be of interest to some as well as to the Society - it may prove to be a mutually beneficial situation.

Paul K.

----original message follows: ----

From: Jerry LaBoda <rrcab2000@y...>

<P><TT>I appologize for any duplicate posts that
anyone might recieve...</TT></P>
<P><TT>This is an announcement to let you all know of
a new email list started at Yahoo! Groups called the
RailRoad Caboose list.<BR><BR>The RailRoad Caboose
list is a discussion group started with the hope of
developing on-line resources for railroad caboose
information for all railroads in the North American
continent (U.S., Canada and Mexico) of use to both the
railfan and model railroader.&nbsp; While at present
the group is in its infancy it is my hope that it yet
will develop into a fairly active group which will be
greatly of use to all...<BR><BR>Do you have photos of
cabooses?&nbsp; Do you have such on-line at a web site
or in a photo album, or do you know of a site that has
photos of cabooses?&nbsp; Please feel free to share
the address with us so that we might enjoy what has
been captured on film (or add a link to such a site in
the links section of this group).&nbsp; Or, if you
would like, add your own photos to the files section
of this group... its free and a great way to share
what made the railroad caboose such an interesting
item from the past.&nbsp; (Due to the problem with
attachments possibly containing viruses, no
attachments are allowed, but please feel free to enter
your photos and the like in the files section where we
all can enjoy them.)<BR><BR>Do you know of cabooses
that are still in use on a railroad?&nbsp; Do you know
of cabooses that are still with us but no longer used
by a railroad?&nbsp; Please send us an e-mail (when
possible please include road and number, if known, and
the location) so that we might be able to document
what cabs are still with us... like it or not their
numbers are not growing and some have already been
lost to the elements and a lack of interest!!!&nbsp;
(Information shared will be passed on to those who are
documenting the existance of such cabooses, either in
captivity or out in the wild.)<BR><BR>Are you a
railroad modeler who has modeled, kitbashed or
scratchbuilt a caboose.&nbsp; How about sharing with
us your efforts.&nbsp; (Are you looking for
interesting cabs to model... check with the list from
time to time to see what you can find in the files
section.)<BR><BR>To access the Yahoo! Groups ~
RailRoad Caboose web site use the link provided
below:<BR><BR>&nbsp; <A
href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RRcaboose";>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RRcaboose</A><BR><BR>As
mentioned above, this list is in its infancy, but it
is my hope that it will become a great source for both
railfans and railroad modelers to draw information
from.&nbsp; Do come and join us... and help us to make
it into what it ought to be!!!<BR><BR>Jerry M.
LaBoda&nbsp;

Paul Kossart - Peru, Illinois, USA
BRHS, TP&WHS, La Salle & Bureau County Model Railroad Club

~ Modeling the fictional CB&Q Illiniwek River Branch in HO in the 1960's. ~
"Serving Agriculture and Industry in the Illiniwek River Valley since 1904."