CB&Q IN MOULTON IA

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: CB&Q IN MOULTON IA
From: "Larry L. Doub" <nftrains@n...>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 21:22:42 -0700
I Found out something interesting to,
While at the Library here In Moulton Iowa, I asked about Sage Brush Bushes or
what ever they are, and The subject of my Modeling trains came into the subject
and I Found out the CB&Q ran right through town here, on the south west corner
of town there was the Depot For the Q and Wabash had on the other side of town.
There is some about the Q in the 1976 book about Moulton, Can't check this book
out though,
Hade a picture of the depot with a steamer in front of it, and then there was
something about a Wreck that happened in "1908" maybe the destroyed the station.
Seen Pictures of Moulton at the City Hall of an Air View from the south showing
the Wabash line I do Believe and the Passing siding and switch to the grain
Bins, are still there, There was a Route Map in this book and had all the Towns
the Q went through.
If at all Possible , I'll get it copied In hopes it will turn out readable.
Any one Have anything that might be of interest about the Little Town of
Moulton And the Q?

Thought I would share this, most of you probably knew this, But it stuck me
funny After living here 2 1/2 years and just finding this out, DAA.....

Larry Doub

Looking into sitting in the Historical society building "Volunteer" so it can
be open through the summer tell Labor Day, Allot of stuff in there I bet, Looks
like there is.
Maybe I could even Model a display to take in and show off, Ya Right, Can't
even Get one going in my house, LOL