Re: FW: Engineer Hats

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: FW: Engineer Hats
From: wulrich@a...
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 17:18:26 -0000
--- In BRHSlist@y..., amtrak347@a... wrote:
> Kromer Cap Co. is located in Milwaukee, WI; toll free number should
be
> available from "Toll Free Information".

kromer has a web site, away from home in denver so can't give the
url. kromer caps were worn first, because they were 'union made'
second, because they sat high on your head and didn't mess up your
hair. can still see in my mind a passenger engine crew, johnnie
larson and his fireman galen miler walking from the depot to downtown
to get a bite to eat, before getting ordered for #12, with those
white, starched and ironed kromer caps setting on their heads.

warren