Bob Oloffson Update #4

To: Alex <aenge89995@a...>, Wes Carr <carrxpress@h...>, John Elliot <amtrak52west@t...>, Bill Greenwood <ZEPHYR1994@a...>, Harry M Grossman <harryg@p...>, Dave Hawley <DJHOGHEAD@a...>, Jack Hoefer <hoefsark@g...>, Ken Holzner <kenholz@t...>, Jim Ley <hosses@p...>, scott livingston <nanner108@h...>, Erik Rasmussen <trainboy03@a...>, "Will Rasmussen," <WHRDFR@a...>, Pat Reed <jpreed@t...>, Steve Rippeteau <sdljrips@i...>, Mike Schafer <Schaf4001@a...>, Roy Scrivner <rglen35@a...>, Bill Selleck <buklyjuice@a...>, Lance Wales <Wales23@a...>, ATSF525@a..., BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Bob Oloffson Update #4
From: Matthew Phalen <railfan04@y...>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 18:08:38 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,

I just wanted to pass this along to everyone in my
address book and the BRHSlist yahoo group. I wanted
to ask everyone to pass their prayers along to Bob
Oloffson tonight as he is having surgery tomorrow
morning for his recent heart attack. Some of you
already know, but I wanted to pass it along to ones
that didn't also, since he is a close friend and I
wanted prayers going out to him. Bob is a member of
the Burlington Route Historical Society and former
CB&Q railroad operator from Buda to Mendota and places
in between. He worked in Wyanet (where he resides)
most of the time. He visited the BRHSlist group
regulary before he had his heart attack, but didn't
belong the site. He is doing very good and should
make it out, but I believe prayer works and I just
wanted to pass this along.

This is part of the update-

Hi Everyone! Since I e-mailed you last a lot has
changed. They scheduled Dad for surgery tomorrow,
Tuesday, May 22nd at 7am. Mom talked to the surgeon
this morning and he is tellling us he has a 85%-90% of
success. The surgery is suppose to take anywhere
between 2.5 to 4 hours. Dads other organs, kidneys,
and liver are doing great which is great. I wil try
and keep everyone posted after the surgery via e-mail
(if I can access).

Again we appreciate everyone's support. Please if
everyone could say prayer tonight for Dad we would
appreciate it!

Thanks again,

Randy Oloffson (The Oloffson Family)

Matt Phalen / Wyanet, IL