Galesburg Railroad Days Info

To: Rochellerailroadpark@yahoogroups.com, bnsflocoandtrainmovement@yahoogroups.com, bnsfchicagodivision@yahoogroups.com, IlliniRail@yahoogroups.com, BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Galesburg Railroad Days Info
From: Matthew Phalen <railfan04@y...>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 13:32:52 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,

I just got off the phone with Harry Grossman and he
asked me to pass this info on to all the list's I
belong to. Thanks.

Matt Phalen / Wyanet, IL
BNSF Mendota Sub MP 111 /IAIS 1st Sub MP 130

Due to the many requests over the years, the BNSF
Galesburg Railroad
Days Committee is sponsoring two public excursions as
part of this
years 24th Annual Galesburg Railroad Days Festival.
Details of these
trips are as follows:

One trip each day, June 23rd and June 24th. Trips
depart Galesburg
Seminary Street Station and travel to Yates City
(about 30 miles on
the Peoria line),
turning at Yates City and returning to Galesburg.
Approximately 2
hours for the round trip.

The the train will be made up of three cars.

Dome car "Bay View" 90 seats.

Full diner "Lake Superior" 45 seats

Club Car "Valley View" 35 seats

Total seats per trip 170

No information as to the motive power for these trips.

The trip includes a chicken Breast box lunch for the
dome car
passengers, and a beef tenderloin plate lunch for
those riding in the
club car or the diner.

Dome seats are $25.00 per person, club and diner seats
are $35.00 per
person.

Ticketing information:

NO TICKETS WILL BE SOLD IN ADVANCE OF GALESBURG
RAILROAD DAYS!

Tickets will go on sale at 8:30 AM on Saturday June
23rd in the tent
adjacent to the Seminary Street Depot in Galesburg,
Illinois. All
ticket sales will be on a first come - first served
basis.

As this trip is sponsored by a group of volunteer BNSF
employees,
there are no provisions made for the use credit cards.
Personal
checks will not be accepted as the committee can not
take the risk of
taking a NSF check.

NO TICKET WILL BE SOLD IN ADVANCE OF GALESBURG
RAILROAD DAYS!

It is clear that this is a wonderful opportunity to
take an excursion
in very unique equipment (BNSF executive train cars)
over a line
which has not seen public passenger service since the
early 1960's.
It is unfortunate that provisions for advance sale of
tickets could
not be arranged, but that is the way things are.

These trips are an experiment. If they sell out the
possibility of
future trips is there, On the other hand if the trips,
at such a low
fare, do not sell out, I doubt that any future public
excursions will
be scheduled.

NO TICKETS WILL BE SOLD IN ADVANCE OF GALESBURG
RAILROAD DAYS1

Please do not contact me and ask if there is any way I
can help you
get tickets, I can't! I will respond to e-mail
questions regarding
the Galesburg Railroad Days Festival in general and
the Model Train
and Railroadiana Show at Carl Sandburg College in
particular.

Hope this will give you one more reason to join us at
Galesburg
Railroad Days, the Midwest's Premier Railroad
Festival.

Harry M. Grossman
Director, Carl Sandburg College
Galesburg Railroad Days Train Show