Re: Galesburg web site

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Galesburg web site
From: glenehaug@m...
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 01:59:48 -0000
In viewing Bill Selleck's web site, as mentioned in message #8101, it
reminded me of a signal bridge in a photograph that I am trying to
identify.

There was an article in the June 1983 Mainline Modeler on painting GP-
7's. On page 82 of that issue, there is a photo by Bruce Meyer,
taken at Galesburg, that shows a two track cantilever signal bridge
in the photo. It looks like the one at MP 162.45, which was south
and slightly west of the passenger station. However, when comparing
photos of this signal bridge in other books, other things in the
vicinity (telephone poles, other tracks, buildings) don't look the
same.

If Bill or anyone else has this photograph, can you tell me where it
is? It is not Signal Bridge 163.04 on the Ottumwa main, which is
single track. Could it have been on the Quincy main, near the north
end of the yard somewhere?

Glen Haug