Re: [BRHSlist] Read after Streator Wye

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Read after Streator Wye
From: Wes Leatherock <wleath@s...>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 19:42:30 -0500 (CDT)
While I heard stories about prejudice in World War I
directed at people with German names, and I knew a man
who was very fearful it would happen during World War II,
I don't recall any instances in the Second Great War.

Indeed, the commander of all Allied forces in the
European Theater of Operations was Dwight D. Eisenhower.
There were many, many people in the U.S. armed forces in
World War II with German names; in fact, Chester W.
Nimitz, from Fredericksburg, Texas (where there is now
a museum dedicated to him) learned English as a second
language.

Wes Leatherock
wleath@s...