Re: [BRHSlist] Oregon, IL

To: jerstauf@e..., BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Oregon, IL
From: WPDiven@a...
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 21:01:26 EDT
In a message dated 4/12/2001 4:12:51 PM, jerstauf@e... writes:

<< Here's an Oregon question for anyone that knows...I'd be happy to find
out. Was there ever a "Y" at Oregon to turn engines?? A gentleman at
coffee this afternoon said he remembers it but I've never heard of one.
Anyone know for sure?? >>

Greetings list:

I never heard of a wye at Oregon but can't say I've seen hard evidence either
way. The few maps I have don't show one although I suppose the river spur
could have been a west leg if you took the east leg right up to the Rock
River bridge.

I do know that up until the mid 30s, the terminal was at Forreston where I
believe the Q shared the service facilities of the Illinois Central perhaps
including a turntable. When the track was torn up between Forreston and
Mount Morris, the Forreston jobs moved to Oregon where I doubt the local
work--switching and runs to Mount Morris--required turning an engine.

Regards,

Bill Diven