Re: [BRHSlist] Concrete trestles

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Concrete trestles
From: "Mike Decker" <mdecker@g...>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 07:36:07 -0600
Hi Glen:

We've got several of the concrete trestles on the "coal main" out here in
the PRB. Most of them have been "improved" by bolting bridge timbers to the
top edges so as to support more ballast. The new bridges on the second main
are built the same way, with "H" beam piles driven by the pile driver tied
together at the top by a big hunk of concrete cast in place. There's even a
wooden trestle at Upton, Wyo.

Mike Decker