Re: [BRHSlist] Sheridan's 05- asbestos

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Sheridan's 05- asbestos
From: "Robert Yarger" <ryarger1@n...>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 17:35:18 -0500
A calcium-silica product is now used generally, which looks similar to the
old asbestos lagging. I believe one brand is Kay-Lo, but can't remember for
sure. Some engines, like SP 4449, have used ordinary fiberglass batting,
with a band-iron framework underneath to support the jacket. I think the
3751 group used another product which resembled stryrofoam, but was
heat-resistant. They could tell you more.

Bob Yarger, Editor
Railway Preservation News (website)
www.rypn.org