Baldwin VO-1000

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Baldwin VO-1000
From: Don Zinnecker <dzinnecker@j...>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 08:51:30 -0600
Burlington modelers:

I recently had the good fortune to add an HO scale Baldwin VO-1000 (by
Stewart) to my collection! Beautiful model, if you haven't seen one yet!

I need some help with two questions. First, can anyone tell me what
brand and color of model paint best matches the gray that Stewart used on
this model?

Second, can any of you recommend a commercially available 'all weather
cab window' set. My local hobby shop had Detail Associates #CB2301 (for
GP and SD locomotives) in stock. It's a nice detail part, but looks too
small and doesn't accurately capture the 'bulky' look that the all
weather cab windows on the VO-1000s had. (See photos on pp. 115-117 of
CB&Q in Color. Vol. 3)

Thanks, in advance for the help!!! - Don Zinnecker