Traffic Split

To: brhslist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Traffic Split
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 23:21:59 EST
Years ago I heard that prior to the creation of the BN that eastbound traffic
from the GN/NP was split on a formula to all carriers operating between Twin
Cities and Chicago and that with the merger all eastbound traffic went over
the BN(Q).Can anyone shed any further light on whether this was fact or
rumor? Seems like the prorated split would be something the competing
carriers would have demanded as a merger condition. At the time(early 70's)
it made some sense in explaining how business on the C&I had grown from a
handful of trains under the Q to the endless stream of sections of 82's and
98's that came east every night.
Leo