C&S in Northeastern New Mexico

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: C&S in Northeastern New Mexico
From: asychis@a...
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 11:52:58 EST
Anyone familiar with the C&S in northeastern New Mexico? I am trying to find
out if there was helper service out of Des Moines, either north or
southbound. Along the highway there is a short spur about five miles south
of Des Moines that looks like it could have been used for that purpose.
Until recently, concrete bases that could have supported a water tank we
along the roadbed.

Was FtW&D power restricted to Texline, or did any power sneak as far north as
Clayton or Des Moines?

Also, did the C&S interchange with the St. Louis Rocky Mountain and Pacific
at Des Moines? That was the eastern terminus of that carrier out of Raton.

Jerry Michels