RE: [BRHSlist] Lines South

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] Lines South
From: "Dave_Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@m...>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 23:18:01 -0600
Dave Lotz was paying attention....AMEN!

-----Original Message-----
From: M. Thayer [mailto:zephyr@k...]
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2001 6:29 PM
To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com

----- Original Message -----
From: <drale99@a...>
To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2001 2:36 PM

> I think the great thing about the Burlington was that it was a whole lot
more
> than a little suburban operation. That RR went places! Everywhere it
went
> was great, as for as I'm concerned. Anybody on the Burlington, wherever
he
> is, is a RR buddy of mine. It doesn't seem to me that Lines South guys
have
> anything to feel bad about. Consider the large number of emails they have
> generated here the last few days. Keep them coming!

Amen! There isn't a single foot of the Burlington Route that isn't
fascinating! I have a gut-fondness (pay attention, Dave Lotz) for the
B&W/B&NW branchline complex - and an admiration for all of the genteel
little weedwalking branches that nurtured so much of the Midwest for better
than 2 generations . . .

(Thanks to circumstances, I spent 11 of my first 25 years living in
Mediapolis, Washington & Burlington . . . all except the 2 years of
Burlington being within two blocks and in eyeshot of the B&NW)

The lanky, flat-faced, can-do farmboy appearance of almost all Burlington
steam prior to SuperPower never fails to jerk my strings whether it's in
Colorado, Texas or Iowa . . . and the design miracle of the shovelnose
zephyrs are still a worldwide icon . . . .

Anything Burlington, any time and any place!

Marshall