Re: [BRHSlist] Sheridan's 05

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Sheridan's 05
From: "Harold S. Huber Jr." <sarge912@h...>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 13:12:06 -0700
Robert,

First, I would like to thank you for putting my photos of #105 WR on your
site, I do have photos of the depot and the engine house, if you would like
to use them. Second, you must understand the atmosphere in Sheridan, the 5
BRHS members just lost a flaming battle with the paper, owners of the
freight depot and the rest of the city. Our wooden first depot, then
freight house is now a cutsy office building. Our paper has the most yellow
press in the USA, our radio stations, all three owned by the same person, is
for people born and raised in Sheridan, all of us are transplants. I would
not go through the threats, put downs, and insolance I recieved during our
attempt to save the freight house or at least get it to some resembalence of
its original self. If someone would like to take up the fight or get the O5
moved I would help in all ways, but we 5 have learned our lesson and will
only try to save what is left of the Q in photos and document all that we
can in print, but to go through that grind again, no thank you! As for us
doing it ourselves, that is impossible, we barely have the money to make a
creditable model display and for restoration knowledge we have none. We
just asked to paint the locomotive and were treated as bastard children. We
are not David Woodbury and do not pretend to be.

Harold