Re: [BRHSlist] 2-8-2s

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] 2-8-2s
From: "Robert Yarger" <ryarger1@n...>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 16:22:52 -0500
This was Yreka Western 2-8-2 No. 19, a Baldwin stock-model 2-8-2 sold to
various lumber and shortline railroads, plus NdeM in Mexico. Several of
these still exist, with both YW 18 and 19 operable, also Columbia, Chehalis
& Cascade 15 operable. These came in both slide valve and piston valve
(superheated) versions, and had 48-inch drivers. No commercial model is
close, but I believe Northwest Short Line imported some in the 1960s in
brass. The movie was filmed on the Oregon, Pacific & Eastern out of Cottage
Grove, Oregon, which has since been torn up.

Bob Yarger, Editor
Railway Preservation News (website)
www.rypn.org