Challenger CBQ O5's 3 Versions

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Challenger CBQ O5's 3 Versions
From: kkd423@h...
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 07:43:38 -0000
Greetings,
I thought you all would like to have the hottest news fit to print
regarding Challenger Imports' CB&Q O5s. The reservations for these
engines closed about 3 weeks ago. I am sure some of youprocrastinated
or were unaware that the deadline was approaching. You weren't alone.
That's the purpose of this post. And like Spock, "The needs of the
many outweigh the needs of the few".

I also want you to know that I DON'T work for Challenger, so no
flames. Also, no flaming collateral issues-"brass is too high, I
don't collect it, I'm in O scale, I made mine out of an ingot of
steel".

In the next 2 weeks Challenger will consider adding to their order if
it is feasible and possible with Samhongsa to do so and they receive
solid motivation from their dealers to up the order. If you have
already ordered, ignore this unless you want to buy more.

I won't try to explain all 3 versions except to say that the road
numbers are #5600, #5623, and of course, #5632. You can check out
Challenger's website at: www.challengerimports.com.

If you have any real interest in one or a dozen of these Burlington
Blasters go to your favorite dealer and make a REAL reservation. And
I mean a REAL reservation. Not, "well if I have the money when it
comes in I might look at it for 3 months and then see if I can get it
somewhere else cheaper". If you have genuine interest, get to, or
find yourself a good brass dealer, determine what the terms are and
do it. All of the good dealers will work with you on a layaway, even
at a discount. Challenger dealers have some good options to help the
customer with purchases.

Your dealer's input will be the determining factor whether this
project receives any more attention and increase in numbers. Even if
everyone you know and their 14 cousins come up with a total increase
of 6 models from all dealers worldwide, it's extremely important that
that is what is turned into Challenger. Real numbers rule the brass
business. It can also be the biggest problem for the importers if
these numbers are overinflated by tire kickers. If we want CB&Q brass
from any importer, the better we play by the rules the better the
cooperation we will get from them. All that serious stuff said, Play
Nice