Re: [BRHSlist] Waycar paint

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Waycar paint
From: "M. Thayer" <zephyr@k...>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 14:07:54 -0600
From: "Ed DeRouin" <PIXELS@A...>
To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 1:37 PM

> > Greetings: Does any one
> > have info on type of paint used on CB&Q silver waycars , just plain
> > silver or was it a special mix. Local person purchased a ex NP waycar
> > and wanted to apply the CB&Q scheme to it. Trainman:
>
> Consider Scalecoat or Model Master Flat Aluminum. I only use silver paint
on
> passenger car and E unit trucks.

I was rather happy with the results I got with the old Floquil Amtrak
Platinum Mist. It looked and "felt" right to me, and took the decals well
(This can be a problem with the older Champ decals, where the red ink is
transluscent - but in this case, actually gave a hint of the "Scotchlite"
effect on stripes and herald).

OTOH, I think the original question was about the type of paint to use on a
full-scale paint job . . . the guy who wanted to paint an NP caboose up in
Burlington Stripe? I would think just about any reasonably durable
"metallic silver" paint would look OK -

Marshall