Re: [BRHSlist] various questions

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] various questions
From: Joseph O Antosiak <ColoradoSouthern@j...>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 12:02:00 -0500

> -- Will anyone tell me where I can get an Internet image of Model Die
> Casting (Roundhouse) kit #1033, a 40? C.B.&Q. truss-side car? I see
> this
> listed at the Walther?s site, but not at MDC?s. Is this a simulated
> wood
> car, or a modern steel one? Can't find information today. Am looking
> for the
> former, but don't like Accurail?s version.

While it's true that the MDC car is not an exact model of anything the Q
had, it does resemble a photo in the 1946 Car Builders' Cyclopedia of a
single-sheathed (i.e. a wood car with steel bracing visible from the
outside), 50 ton, 40' car in the 28000 number series. I built one and
added a plate with the CB&Q herald to the door just below the tack board.

Once again, it's been decades since anyone has seen the original car; and
while I'm sure that, armed with a scale rule and an Equipment Register, I
could find many discrepancies in the details, it looks fine to me.

Cheers,
--Joe Antosiak

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.