Re: CB&Q modelers, also Detail books

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: CB&Q modelers, also Detail books
From: nftrains@n...
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 21:37:22 -0000
Jim,

Don't let the Historian part of this group fool ya,
I have been a member for a little while and if you ever want to know
anything about the Q "Modeling or Prototype"
This is the place to be.
There are plenty of Modelers here, and are more than willing to help.
This group is the best bunch of Q folks you'll ever talk with,
they are great in helping out with your Questions you wish to know.
Between all the members there probably isn't anything you can't find
the answers to.
"Tip My Hat" to all the members here,

Also, The books for modeling Diesel Locomotives, Which one of these
books would be the better,
Not sure of the names but my local hobby shop has 3 different ones.
one has prototype photo's with all the parts numbered and List of
Parts & Co of makers.
Seemed to be a nice looking book.
But for some one like me just finnishing my first detail job, not
sure what one would be the better of.
Also is the book for frieght car projects and detailing worth the
money?

Larry Doub

--- In BRHSlist@y..., "Jim Six" <jimsix@n...> wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> Thanks for your reply to my quest for CB&Q modelers. I have been
on the BRHS-list for a couple of weeks and got the impression that
the fellows there are CB&Q historians and not necessarily model
railroaders. Some hist society types don't like being pestered by
model railroaders and their questions. <Grin> ;~)

> I do have a few specific questions. Did the CB&Q have both phase-1
and phase-2 GP30 diesels? The Proto 2000 CB&Q GP30 that has been
available for a while now is a model of the phase-2 GP30. The reason
that I ask is that Life-Like has announced the pending release of
their phase-1 GP30 and they have included CB&Q in the first release.

> 21516 GP30, Ph. I Chicago, Burlington & Qunicy chinese red #949
> 21517 GP30, Ph. I Chicago, Burlington & Qunicy chinese red #955
>
> This means that Life-Like will have provides us with CB&Q GP30s in
both phase-1 and phase-2.

> Jim Six
>
> Visit my Photopoint website at:
> http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumlist?u=205020

several Q modelers on BRHSList, and am one myself :-) I'm sure
anything you want to post related to Q modeling would be welcome.
Some specific questions or comments would probably
> bring out the biggest response from this group.
>
> My website at http://cbq.rrdepot.com/ has a little info about
Burlington modeling in general,
> but the modeling section mostly tells about my own model railroad
ventures. I'm in a
> transition from HO to N scale, and I have a few P2K HO Q locos
(2E8's and a GP7) and an
> Atlas S2 that I could sell/trade to you if you're interested.
>
> Welcome to the land of Chinese Red (and I don't mean communists) :-)
>
> Eric

> Can you tell me of any CB&Q modelers or Internet groups (lists) for
CB&Q modelers? I have just completed my first CB&W model, a P2K CB&Q
phase-2 GP30 fully detailed and weathered and am wanting to do more
CB&Q models. Want to meet and discuss modeling the Q with other
model railroaders.