Re: [BRHSlist] Louisiana, MO Freight House

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Louisiana, MO Freight House
From: Bill Hirt <whirt@a...>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 16:11:37 -0600
"M. Thayer" wrote:

> Wasn't there an article on it in RMC lo these many years ago (Maybe
> Wesolowski)? Maybe there's a pic in the Carstens files . . .

Marshall,

Actually it was a Paul Larson article. I talked to folks at AMB in the
past worndering whatever happened to this project (it was shown at the
BRHS annual meet in Lincoln in 1997) and apparently drawings
accompanying the article took great liberties in the floor plan of the
original building. Joe Collias has some photos of the freight depot and
it was obviously different from the plan in MR. As an aside to Dave, Joe
Collias might be your best source for photo and he's local to you in St.
Louis.

I'll certainly be marking up for one for my town of Louisiana on my
layout.

Bill