Re: [BRHSlist] Spur rules

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Spur rules
From: hold-on@s...
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 23:51:21 -0800
Mike
Yes aren't the rule neat.
One nite as a train dispatcher under full crew(4-5 men) and waycars working the
C&I(Aurora-St.Croix Tower) up on the double track along the Mississippi I had a
southbound train pull a lung and drop it between the rails. It was on a flat
car and when the car rolled over it it punched up thru the deck. The car came
to rest still on the rails and parked between the switches of a center siding.
Flags were placed and the engines ran around the train pulled it back and put
the train together. The only order I had to put out was that the mainline was
out of service and the center siding would be used as the Eastward Main. The
train crew did all the work just like they were getting paid to do.
The C&I job now with computers and track warrants takes 3 guys to do the same
job.
For every step we take forward in progress we take two steps backwards
Steve Holding
Started as a train dispatcher Feb.14, 1974

--
Click here for Free Video!!
http://www.gohip.com/freevideo/