Help

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Help
From: smillick@c...
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 13:00:51 -0600
I am gathering material to write my history thesis. As there has been very
little written about small towns and the one I have chose is getting ready
to celebrate its 150th anniversary I have picked a subject.

Litchfield, Illinois is located between St. Louis. Mo and Springfield. At
one time it had 6 railroads serving it. My thesis statement will be why
Litchfield became the railroad center that it did. THis would lead to Rt.
66 and I-55.

I am looking for material for this and am wrting to railroad lists that are
or have been served at Litchfield. I realize that the main source will have
to be local newspapers and local book about the area but was wondering what
else was out there. I know as a list subscriber there are a lot of
excellent book out there but am interested in only the following:

Anything to do with Litchfield, Illinois
History of the CB&Q and how it came to Litchfield

I have groups for the Wabash, Illinois Central, and the Burlington but have
not found any for the Illinois Traction System, Big Four, or the Louisville
and Nashville railroads so any information about this is appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Scott
Scott Millick
K9SM