Track centers with center platforms?

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Track centers with center platforms?
From: GEU30CG@a...
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 14:49:55 EST
I am just about to lay some track for my Mendota Depot area. Many stations
have platforms down the center of both mainlines.

Does anyone have an idea of what track centers would be with a platform? Or
a better question might be. . . How wide is the average platform between
tracks? The CB&Q must have had some kind of standard.

If anyone is on the list from Burlington, Galesburg, Ottumwa can you run down
to the tracks and measure that width? lol

Thanks,
Darren Ferreter
Cedar Rapids IA
GEU30CG@a...