Re: Stock Cars

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: Stock Cars
From: GEU30CG@a...
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 22:52:13 EST
In a message dated 12/30/00 4:11:11 AM Central Standard Time,
BRHSlist@egroups.com writes:

<<
As regards the model request, take an Athern 40' stock car, carve off the
road name and number boards, cut through to create the new boards, fill in
the spaces on the upper part of the doors, trim off the vertical grab iron
support to the left of the doors, add new road name and number boards, and
you've an approximation of an SM-19B.
The only drawback is the wide board about halfway up, where a double deck
would be fitted.
There are plans and photos in Bulletin #25, and photos in Mike Spoor's CB&Q
Equipment book pages 74 & 75

Rupert

Rupert,

Thanks for the idea. I am excited to see in the Bulletin that this class of
car was in many colors. Maybe I'll get a few built and bring them to Mendota!

Darren