Re: [BRHSlist] RE: RITS: RI Sleepers in CZ Service

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] RE: RITS: RI Sleepers in CZ Service
From: Aeolus3@a...
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 11:16:46 EST
In a message dated 12/27/00 2:43:43 PM Central Standard Time,
Dave_Lotz@m... writes:

<< Am looking for consist lists, photos, and other info regarding RI 8-6
sleepers being used on the Cal Zephyr after the Golden State was taken
off. Which cars were used, what time frame, etc. I don't have access
to BRHS, so if someone wants to shoot this to them, would be greatly
appreciated. DJE >>

I have never heard any mention of RI Sleepers used in the CZ. I would think
that the RI would have not used the CZ since why take passengers that wanted
to go through to LA not SF. Also I have a SP Historical Society publication
on the Golden State and from what is in the artical the RI Sleepers were in
very poor condition, which is one of the reasons why SP wanted the Golden
State taken off.

Loren Johnson