Jones & Collman's Sterling book

To: "Jim Jones" <alcofreak@a...>
Subject: Jones & Collman's Sterling book
From: <metcalf@a...>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 20:55:29 -0700
Cc: "BRHS" <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Jim,
My picture of BN 88 switching at Hereford on page 241 is captioned as
being 1972 and says that Hereford was the end of the line. I just checked
the slide, it was taken 21 Apr 1973. Jim Hurt was with me that day and we
got 88 going through Stoneham, you have his picture at Stoneham from that
date on page 256. (The cars were switched at Hereford so the consist
changed.) On page 311 it says the track was cut back from Carpenter to
Hereford in 1973. If I'm recalling correctly that's the correct year. So
the caption on page 241 would be correct (assuming that 1973 WAS the correct
year for cutting the track back from Carpenter to Hereford). However, that
leaves another error on page 311. Removing the track from Carpenter to
Hereford didn't eliminate the line from Wyoming. The several mile stub from
Cheyenne east to that proposed industrial park remained in place until a few
years ago.

Norm Metcalf
Boulder CO