alt.binaries.pictures.rail Index

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: alt.binaries.pictures.rail Index
From: "Eric Jacobsen" <jacobsen@w...>
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 05:49:19 -0000
Hi, y'all! Haven't posted in awhile, but I did do a little project
that might be useful to us. Most of you have probably seen the
alt.binaries.pictures.rail archive on www.railfan.net. The only
problem is, there's no overall index to all of the pictures. After
doing this project, I can see why. I created a full alphabetical
index of every picture in the archive, starting with July 1999, and
it's a file of over 6MB! Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately), the
file I extracted listing only those pictures that appeared to be
CB&Q-related (based on filenames) was only about 38KB.

So, I present to you a very crude (for now) index of all Burlington
Route pictures I could find on Railfan.net's ABPR archive:
http://members.telocity.com/~eejacobsen/cb_q/cb_q.abpr.html

There may be a few that should be on the index but aren't. If you
know of any, please let me know, and I'll add them. If you're
interested in other railroads, let me know how I might pull them by
filename, and I'll create an index for those as well.

Good to see y'all again,
Eric