Re: [BRHSlist] Burlington Truck Lines Colours

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Burlington Truck Lines Colours
From: Harry M Grossman <harryg@g...>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 19:55:15 -0600

> Rupert,
>
> Hello. Do you have any more specifics such as year, tractor colors, etc.
> you could provide to the list?
>
> Don Halffield is a real gentleman and even came to my home last year when
> he was in the area to drop off an order I had expected to come in the mail.
> Do you know if he has an email address I could contact him at. Otherwise
> I would need to dig and try to find his mailing address, phone number, etc.
> in my haven't unpacked yet from moving mess in the basement.
>
> If so, probably best to forward it to me personally off-list.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul Kossart - Peru, Illinois, USA ~
> NMRA, BRHS, La Salle & Bureau County Model Railroad Club

Paul,

You are so correct about Don Haffield being a real gentleman. He has been one
of the regular vendors at the Galesburg Railroad Days Train Show right from the
beginning seven years ago.

When he did a reproduction of the 1939 Burlington Truck Lines Calendar a couple
years ago, he even came down here to Galesburg and have the same printing
company do the work!

Don usually has a table in the third building at the DuPage Train Show. Of
course there ie one of these shows coming up next Sunday.

Harry M Grossman
Director, Carl Sandburg College
Galesburg Railroad Days Train Show