Re: [BRHSlist] Truck colours

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Truck colours
From: "Rupert and Maureen" <gamlenz@i...>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 21:27:55 +1300
I recently asked for information about BTL colours. Since this query, I've
been in contact with Don Halffield of St Charles who has sent me a very
fullsome reply.
In essence, the tractors were painted silver with red trim around 1939, then
all red, then red with a white stripe, and finally red with white above the
lower window trim. Flat bed trailers were either all red or all silver, and
the pole carriers were all red, as were the cabs of the rigid axle local
pick up trucks.

Rupert
Auckland