Re: Locate relative of CBQ,name included here

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: Locate relative of CBQ,name included here
From: "Ed Carroll" <edwardc@h...>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 21:04:36 -0000
As some one who has done historical research using town and county
level records if all I had to go on was a name and a date I would try
to go to that location and begin with the local library, then the
local historical society and then the local genealogical society.

If Sterling had a city directory for that time period he might have
been listed along with the family members.

If he was a church goer, he might be in a parish record or a
membership list along with family members or a note about family.

If he was in a Railroad Brotherhood you could try to locate the
records for that period.

If he was a freemason there might be records available through the
local masonic lodge or through the public library in Sterling.

This type of research often entails days of searching through boxes of
unlikely-looking records. It can also turn up interesting unrelated
information as well.

--- In BRHSlist@egroups.com, "Sheryl Isenhart" <sisenhart@h...> wrote:
> Hi, I am looking for a relative who was employed by the CB&Q
Railroad in

http://explorer.msn.com