Re: [BRHSlist] CB&Q Wooden Caboose # 14570

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] CB&Q Wooden Caboose # 14570
From: Ken martin <kmartin@c...>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 19:46:55 -0700
Cc: jerstauf@e...
jerstauf@e... wrote:

> I have just seen a CB&Q wooden caboose in Lamoille, IL along with the
> wood depot there this past weekend. The caboose is still in original
> paint and in fair condition. Can anyone help me obtain any history
> of
> this caboose...when, where built etc. maybe areas of travel??
> Anything you can help me with would be greatly appreciated.
> I'm very new to groups and a member of BRHS and would like info
> returned via email....jerstauf@e... thanks Jerry

14570 was class NE-4 and was built in Sep 1878, originally numbered 191 it was
renumbered 14570 in 1904 it was assigned number BN 11073 but apparently not
relettered. It was donated to Phillips Res. found. in 1972 then redonated to
Blackhawk chapter NRHS.

Info from "Waycars of the CB&Q RR"

Ken Martin