Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Heavy Weight Pass. Cars

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Heavy Weight Pass. Cars
From: rgortowski@a...
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 21:08:32 EST
In a message dated 11/26/00 5:45:17 PM Pacific Standard Time,
bobsenginehouse@m... writes:

<< Ray, I use Scalecoat Pullman green and engine black. I use a light mist of
weathered black for weathering with a little dust. Bob Schafer >>

I know that Bob is older, so we have to clarify :-) About three or four
years ago, Scalecoat I totally changed their Pullman Green from a primarily
brown-based green to a very dark green/blue-based green. I happened to find
a few bottles of the old formula (which I like better) in Texas (god bless
'em!) If using the new Scalecoat Pullman, I would add some roof brown to
take the edge off the green.

**** DISCLAIMER - This is merely my opinion - please don't shoot! ****

The joke about Bob being older is I'm not sure if he is using the old formula
or the new formula. It wasn't until I ran out of my old stock of Pullman
that I noticed the new formula. Several other Scalecoat colors I have bought
recently are also changed (rendering some of my formulas obsolete...)

Rich

Rich