Re: [BRHSlist] Wooden waycars

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Wooden waycars
From: Ken martin <kmartin@c...>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 17:49:07 -0700
dlgrobe72@a... wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm new to the list. I have a couple of questions about the Q's 30' wooden
> waycars. I had actually asked these questions on the BN list and was refered
> to this group by a couple of people. I want to do a detailed model of a BN
> 30" wooden waycar. If someone knows of any photos (Q or BN) on the web that
> would be great.

There are some photos on the society gallery page at:
http://www.burlingtonroute.com/gallery/waybox.html

> Also if there are none were there any major modifications to
> the cars after the merger other than paint?

none I know of.

> What was the interior colors and what type of furniture was used and there
> placement.

The colors I have seen are either a light "seafoam" green or a "depot" yellow.

> How many made it to the BN and what were there numbers?

There were too many to list all the numbers. I think most stayed in their red
but some did get painted green. If you can find them these books have waycar
info. Lots of luck.
"Waycars of the CB&Q"
1973 BN ANNUAL

> Well that's about all I can think of right
> now. If questions about the BN's early years are inappropriate for this list
> please let me know and I'll keep them off. Thanks for any help. Have a good
> Thanksgiving.
>
> Dan Grobe
> Aurora IL

Maybe others will have more/better info.

Ken Martin