Re: [BRHSlist]Business Car #96

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist]Business Car #96
From: "Mike Decker" <mdecker@g...>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 12:46:33 -0700
Hi Don:

Yes, it has. They'd have a hard time dragging the 96 up to Deadwood again
too. It would be kinda hard on the Mickelson Trail (our local "rails to
trails" to Deadwood). We walk the high line from Minnekahta down towards
Chilson's on the evenings when I'm home & the weather's decent.

I blew the turbocharger up on the 2037 (GP-20) at MP-12 one day going to
Custer. The trainmaster (Jim Hill) & the roundhouse man came out to
Minnekahta to fix it, and kept trying to blow out the fire by cranking the
engine. 'Course...all that did was reset the turbo lube pump 35 minute
timer, and keep pumping lube oil into the fire. When we got back to
Minnekahta to pick it up & take it back to Edgemont, they'd given up but it
was still smoking a little :>)

Mike (Edgemont Engineer)