Business Car #96

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Business Car #96
From: Don Zinnecker <dzinnecker@j...>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 10:27:05 -0600
Subscribers to this list might be interested in the following
information. It was printed in National Railway Bulletin, Vol 65, #3,
2000. It's part of a report by the Intermountain Chapter NRHS:

"As to the rolling stock in our possession and under our supervision,
restoration work on former CB&Q business car 96 (on display at the
Colorado Railroad Museum in Golden) is close to being finished. This
labor of love has been ongoing for over 15 years; the main thrust of work
has been over the past two. At one time the Chapter took it on many
trips before the advent of Amtrak. Now it sits in refined retirement
with new rugs, upholstery, roof, interior paint and electrical upgrades.
Also, electric heat and air conditioning were added to allow year-round
comfort. The final touches will include repairing the window shades and
repainting the exterior. Car 96 is usually open to the public to view
during the museum's steam-up days throughout the year. We hope to hire
out the car for special receptions and catered dinners to help us defray
the upkeep costs. Beautiful chinaware was designed and donated by China
Concepts (owned by Dick Luckin with the car's logo in burgundy on white
porcelain with gold edging. Flatware was also donated to the car to
match the china. Car 96 has its own 12 complete settings to be used for
catered dinners aboard the car."