RE: [BRHSlist] BRHS Bulletins, Final Word?

To: "'BRHSlist@egroups.com'" <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] BRHS Bulletins, Final Word?
From: Jeff Worones <JWORONES@S...>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 16:15:24 -0800
Anyone mind if I throw in a few thoughts.

Belonging to Societies with both types of 'philosophies', they both have
positives and negatives. With the multiple article approach, you get more
variety but at the cost of in-depth research. And it goes with out saying
the opposite is true for the single feature approach. I have no preference
for either approach, but I do enjoy the completeness of the Bulletin
articles. And numerous articles doesn't mean you'll find something you'll
like. If that was the case, we'd all buy every magazine on the stand
(although I've been known to buy a mag for a single photograph).

With all the chatter on the latest Bulletin I was nervous about it being
disappointed. I wasn't. Having visited the Aurora depot and the Galesburg
site a few years back, it was neat to see them in their heyday. The above
shots of Aurora really surprised me. You'd never guess all those tracks were
there looking at it today. Leads me to my next thought.

Read/study every Bulletin carefully and you'll always find something useful.
The gold nuggets I came away with from this Bulletin are the Trailways buses
in a photo at Casper, the taxis in front of Aurora, and the MOW trucks (and
bus) in front of the Lincoln depot. Even if an issue has nothing to do with
my era/location, I always study the photos for some tidbit I can use. And I
never fail to find something.

And thanks to Dave for the research tips. Reading all these articles, I
always wonder 'How do these people know this stuff?' I'm just beginning to
become active in writing articles and doing 'real' research and have always
struggled with trying to find something 'new'. I'll have to place a
classified with my wishlist of info. I have a feeling the next Zephyr will
be chocked full of similar ads.

In closing, I'm sure we all paid $1, $2, or more for a slide/photo that we
were disappointed with. $30/yr for the BRHS is a bargain considering all the
publications, info, and (the most importantly) people we have access to.

Thanks for listening (reading?)
Jeff Worones
Las Vegas, NV

This message is a PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL communication.
If you are not the recipient, please do not read, copy, or use it, and do
not disclose it to others.
Please notify the sender of the delivery error by replying to this message,
and then please delete it from your system.
Thank you.