Re: [BRHSlist] Reprints?

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Reprints?
From: rgortowski@a...
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 20:39:38 EST
In a message dated 11/5/00 3:37:14 PM Pacific Standard Time, zephyr@k...
writes:

<< What is the decision process re: Bulletin reprints? >>

I wish we knew :-)

Seriously, the process is not scientific. It has been based on the
anticipated popularity of the issue for reprint (equipment Bulletins have a
much better chance of selling), the number originally printed, and potential
immediate sales (to hobby stores, new members, etc.)

We have been looking at the possibility of reprinting the Denver Shops and
Centercabs issue as a combined reprint (much like our issues 1, 2, and 3
reprint of a few years ago).

<< I would love to be able to get copies of the derrick, bus line and office
car issues any chance they will be reprinted any time soon? >>

The Office Cars issue would be a good candidate, the derrick issue - so-so,
and the bus issue - not likely (strictly my opinion).

>From an economic point of view, the initial investment to reprint is not
recouped for many years (except in special cases like Bulletin 22 - The
Trains of the Gods and Goddesses and some other issues). We like to reprint
and make the information available to newer members, but we approach this
carefully, lest we tie up too much of the society's money in inventory.

Rich Gortowski