New Books- Q gons out west

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: New Books- Q gons out west
From: Ted Schnepf <railsunl@f...>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 12:13:56 -0500
Hi All,

There are a couple new books out that would interest Q fans.

First is Burlington Route West by Hardy. Subtitled a Personal Journey, it has his remembrances of the railroad along with photos of many people working on the railroad. Soft cover and about 100 pages.

The Second book is Great Northern in the Pacific Northwest. A soft cover book from Kalmbach of vintage photos of the 1940's and 1950's of steam, diesel and electrics. What is surprising is that in several photos CBQ gons show up on the GN's western lines with coal loads. They are a long way from Illinois or Wyoming.

Contact me off list for my prices on these books.

Ted
Rails Unlimited - Ted Schnepf
Railroad Models, Decals, Books & Photo Sales
126 Will Scarlet; Elgin, Ill 60120
Voice 847-697-5353 or 5366 - railsunl@f...
Web site http://users.FoxValley.net/~railsunl/