timetable

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: timetable
From: "ewinger" <ewinger@l...>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 20:47:39 -0500
I have loaded into the BRHS file area of Egroups a copy of the following
timetable :

Page 27 of the Jan- Mar 1949 passenger timetable.

I have come across a very interesting fact about one of towns listed there as
"Hamill" As far as I know the town is known as Mount Hamill. What brought this
interesting question up is I was in Mount Hamill last week and noticed the
depot is still standing, in poor shape, but still standing and says just Hamill
on both ends.
I have talked with one of the older residents of Mount Hamill and he says its
been that way all of his life. He did say that when the post office was there
it was known as Mount Hamill. There are still two business left in town both
with Mount Hamill as their names.

Mount Hamill Tap and Mount Hamill Elevator and Lumber.

So I ask the question, why did the railroad call it only Hamill?

BILL EWINGER