Question about K line

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Question about K line
From: "Bob Brown"<bbrown@m...>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 11:28:38 -0600
Having given up on finishing my recreation of Hannibal, I've simplified my dream
layout to represent the K line from Louisiana to Old Monroe. I'm still in the
mid-1950s, having sunken a considerable bit of money into equipment of that era.
A couple of questions: I have a timetable from that period, so I know the
frequency of movements on the line, but what were the major commodities moved
across the line to and from St. Louis? As for passenger trains, what were
consists of those trains say in 1955? How much interchange was done with the C&A
or GM&O at Louisiana? And, how busy was the branch from Old Monroe to Mexico?

Thanks.

Robert Brown
St. Charles, MO