Silver IsLe

To: brhslist@egroups.com
Subject: Silver IsLe
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 21:21:24 EDT
I have previously mentioned that the Mass. Call Volunteer fire dept. has
received the sleeper Silver Isle from Amtrak for emergency response training.
Today I received an e mail attachment from Capt. John Oneil showing the car
with the Amtrak paint totally removed and in its place the Q lettering! John
then later called and asked if anyone in the society can provide history of
the car and a photo or 2? Does anyone know the built date and service history
of the car? He seems to believe it was built in '52 and ran on the American
Royal. In case it hasn't registered John Oneil is a bonafide fan and has
found a way to collect full scale antiques and give them another useful life!
Can we help him out? If you have an in service photo please send it to me at
Phillipp@U... and I'll forward it to John as I didn't record his email
address for home.Thanks Leo
p.s. Isn't life strange I just looked quickly in the "bible: you know the one
compiled by Mike Spoor called the Color Guide....... and there on page 31 is
the object of my request. Still does anyone know more than Mike furnishes?