CBQ 4960

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: CBQ 4960
From: "Backus, Thomas A." <nsi.tab@n...>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 10:16:36 -0500
http://www.egroups.com/files/BRHSlist/CBQ-4960.JPG

When I stumbled across this list, I joined simply to listen. The stories
told remind me so much of the ones Dad used to tell. I do thank you all for
this. Dad passed away 8 years ago now, but these stories remind me of him,
and bring back many memories.

I have uploaded the above picture of the CBQ 4960. The man in the picture
is my father, John Backus. This picture hung in my house as I was growing
up. Sorry about the graininess of the photo, but the original was a bit
grainy as well. I don't recall the significance of this engine, and any
stories about it would be greatly enjoyed, and shared with my brothers.

About all I do recall is that it was taken at one of the yards in the
Chicago, I think. It may have been the Lincoln, NE yards. Mom and Dad
moved from Chicago to Lincoln in the early 60's.

My father was a Machinist for many years with the Q and the BN. If any of
you happened to ever cross his path, again, any stories would be gladly
accepted.

Thanks,

Tom Backus