Truck colours

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Truck colours
From: "R Gamlen" <gamlenz@i...>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 21:45:17 +1300
A couple of weeks ago List members answered my query about the Burlington Truck
Lines color scheme. I've used that information to paint a converted Athern
tractor and semi-trailer to BTL colors, and I'm very pleased with the result.
So much so that I'm now bashing some more BTL vehicles, and I'm after some more
information. Judging by the photos I've seen which are all in black and white,
the 35 foot flat bed semi-trailers (with removable sides) also had silver
bulkheads and sides.
But what about the pole trailers with expandable flat beds? The bulkheads in
the photos are too dark to be silver and the amount of shading suggests that
they could be green. If so, would they be a Pullman green-type color, REA
green, or other?
The final query is about the local pick up trucks (twin axle rigid chasis with
a box on back). Am I right in assuming that the cabs were also red?
Thanks again if you are able to help. Have a great weekend

Rupert
Auckland NZ